|Each month IWC Hamburg typically has an official Monthly Meeting (ten to 12 per year) and a variety of Special and On-Going Activities
Our official Monthly Meeting is often a luncheon or tea organized at a carefully chosen restaurant around Hamburg city.
Any single month typically includes four to six Special Activities, with the exception of December when the major event is our Christmas Party. Examples of Special Activities we’ve held in the past include:
- Outings in and around Hamburg (e.g., the Airbus factory, theaters, Beiersdorf AG, Arboretum in Ellerhoop, Effenberger Bakery tour, The Coffee Museum, The new Elbphilharmonie, Lüneburger Heide trip, just to name a few)
- Regular visits to art museums and exhibitions with an expert guide (in English)
- Cocktail parties with partners
- Alster Boat trip with partners
- Cooking classes (and of course eating afterwards)
- Cultural coffees or luncheons (about Armenia, Thailand, Denmark, Sweden, Honduras, Turkey, Netherlands, Malaysia, Greece, Hong Kong, Guatemala, France, Great Britain, Indonesia, Norway, The Philippines, Brazil, Japan).
- Group Travel Beyond (Croatia-Dalmatian Coast, Hong Kong, Copenhagen, Budapest, Taipei and Hawaii).
We pride ourselves in having a wide variety of on-going activites which include:
- Badminton – Every Saturday afternoon.
- Book Group – Meets every one or two months as determined by the group. Examples of books discussed in the past include: “The Time Traveller’s Wife”, by Audrey Niffeneger; „Waiting for Snow in Havana,“ by Carlos Eire; „Interpreter of Maladies,“ by Jhumpa Lahiri.
- Bridge – Meets regularly.
- Canasta – Every 4 th Tuesday.
- Choir – Meets once a month. Performs annually at the Christmas Luncheon.
- Conversation Groups (e.g., English, German, French and Spanish)
- Golf – Meets monthly at the Gut Kaden Golf Course.
- Ladies Night Out – An evening out with friends for good food, drink, conversation and lots of laughs.
- Young Ladies Events – Evenings out or coffees with other young professionals, students, newlyweds, or new-moms.
- Mah-Jong — For beginners and experienced players.
- Tennis – Meets every Tuesday.
- Neighborhood Coffees and Brunches – Coffees and brunches at members’ homes. Casual, easy atmosphere to see old friends, make new ones and catch up.
- Arts and Crafts Groups – Join an established one or start your own.
…and we continually encourage members to start up new activities according to their interests and/or expertise.